Night Skies & Day Dreams
- Entry to ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center
- Traditional Hawaiian Greeting
- Field Interpreter and Educational Specialists
- 3-D Planetarium Show
- Tour of Exhibit Hall
- Lunch at Sky Garden Restaurant
- Exploration of Hilo Farmers Market
- Educational Tour of Mokupāpapa: Discovery Center for Hawaii’s Remote Coral Reefs
- Walking Tour of Historic Liliu‘okalani Park
- Ground Transportation via air-conditioned Motor Coach
- Pick up/drop off from/Location TBD
Curtains Up! It’s time to unveil Hawai‘i’s newest Astronomy attraction – ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai‘i. Participants will relish their visit to the 40,000 square foot exploratory center, which sits on 9 acres in the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo Science and Technology Park.
The Center is charged with a sense of discovery as visitors immerse themselves in Hawaiian culture, native traditions and the relationship between ancient Hawaiian voyaging and modern astronomical technology. Guided tours will include an exciting planetarium show using the most current technology and a 4D voyage through space. Lunch will be included at the restaurant, which has a beautiful view of Hilo.
After lunch, the group will proceed to Hilo’s legendary Farmers Market to enjoy the local flavor of Hawai‘i’s home grown fruits, vegetables and unique handmade crafts. Following an exploration of downtown Hilo, participants will visit the Moku Papa Discovery Center where they’ll learn about Hawaii’s remote coral reefs. Located in Hilo’s historic S. Hata Building, the Center houses 4,000 square feet of interactive and fascinating displays.
The day concludes with a walk around beautiful Liliu‘okalani Park.