- 5 nights, 6 days – Arrival and Departure from Kona Keahole International Airport (Direct mainland flights available)
- Accommodations at the beautiful seaside resort: King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel Rooms based on double occupancy (Singles, additional charge)
- Full program planned and implemented by the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo
- Ground transportation during the program
- All activities including cultural programs, guided interpretive tours, recreational activities and educational presentations.
- 11 meals including the famed King Kamehameha Lu‘au
With our multicultural population, rich traditions and compelling history, this unique educational and cultural program offers participants an intimate opportunity to be “up close and personal” with Hawai‘i’s extraordinary environment and diverse culture. You’ll explore historic and sacred sites, view breathtaking vistas of Hawai‘i’s Big Island, meet wonderful, local Hawaiian resources, and experience the exquisite beauty of this extraordinary island.
Highlighting the program will be the dramatic trek in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National park, the revealing snorkeling expeditions in marine sanctuaries and the music and dance that showcases Hawai‘i’s traditions and culture. Share the spirit of Aloha with the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo’s naturalists and relax in the beautiful environment of your hotel. Experiences include: Exploration of historic Kailua-Kona and the cool breezes of Waimea (pani‘olo-cowboy) town, Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, the sacred village of Pu‘uhonua o Hōnaunau, pristine snorkeling in Kona and the traditional music and dance that defines our culture.