The Greatest Outdoor Classrooms in the World!
Educational travel is fast becoming one of the most enriching post-retirement activities in the world especially for the burgeoning baby boomer generation. Universities (especially the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo), have taken the lead in developing very innovative programs for senior group travelers and the Hawaiian EDventure is proud to be Hawai‘i’s #1 travel education program
EDventure Traveler Profile for Adults & Mature Travelers 50+
Our senior EDventure programs are geared to meeting the educational, recreational and cultural needs of mature travelers who enjoy life-long learning, the camaraderie of group travel, exploration and the continuing excitement and joy of discovery and learning.
- Do you like traveling?
- Do you love nature?
- Are you interested in culture, arts and the environment?
- Are you interested in eco-friendly tours?
- Do you like exploring and meeting new people?
If you’ve answered “YES” to these questions, and you are reasonably fit, then the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo’s Hawaiian EDventure is the perfect program for your senior group!
Our group EDventures can be designed to meet your group’s specific needs in terms of the length of stay, number of islands, focus and interest of your group and the type of accommodations you’re looking for. Of course, budget is always a consideration and the University will work with you to design a program that meets all of your needs.
When The University Plans Your Hawaiian EDventure Trip, You’ll Enjoy The Benefits
- Hotel based programs
- Well-balanced healthy meals
- Comfortable ground transportation
- Guided EDventures with Faculty and Field Interpreters
- Unique activities with local resources and community members
- Life long memories
- Stimulating activities and adventure
- Safe and caring environment
- Custom-designed itineraries that will meet your groups educational, cultural and recreational needs
- An array of unique and unparalleled experiences and activities
- All ground transportation arrangements
- Double, triple or quad accommodations
- Traditional Hawaiian lei greeting upon arrival
- All meals and snacks
- University field interpreters and guides
- Local Community Resources
- Welcome reception
- Closing Hawaiian lu‘au